Where to download MikaChipV1.2 software?
You can download software from a Download section on our website.
To access the Download section you need to signup and log in to your account.
For more information please check video link: https://youtu.be/4zl6eEUEcbQ
We've downloaded the software but it says "Demo version".
Software is not activated. You need to copy your software ID
and email it to us in text format. Please don't send a screenshot, it may result in typos when entering. Also, please provide your order number in the email. Once we receive the software ID we will generate a License Key for you.
Copy and paste your License Key into the text box shown below.
Press OK and restart software.
I have entered Software License key but it's still Demo mode
Most likely a provided software ID has missing numbers or typos. Copy the software ID again and email it to us.
Make sure there are no extra numbers/characters appear in the Software License Key box. Clear it and then paste the provided Key.
Mikachip menu bar (top ribbon) is not displayed in my pc.
If you are not able to locate menu bar on the top of the window (as below)
you need to do following actions:
Go to the Windows display settings and setup Scale and Layout to 100%
2. Run software under Administrator mode by clicking right button on the software icon
3. Change high DPI settings as shown below and then restart your PC:
4. Depending on the Windows settings, the menu extension button might be hidden in the right top corner. Try to click at the corner as shown below.
Software quits when reading a chip
1. It may be an issue with the driver. When Windows updates it may corrupt the USB driver and therefore communication with the device can be interrupted. Reinstall the USB driver. Refer a video: https://youtu.be/4zl6eEUEcbQ how to download and install USB driver.
2. Check the USB connection. Use different USB port.
3. Check in the device manager that MikaChip programming tool connected to correct COM port. Make sure the software uses corresponding USB port.
4. Run software under administrator mode:
5. Disable anti virus and firewall or try different PC.
6. Make sure you are running correct software version. Programming tool MikaChip V1.2 requires MikaChip V1.2xxxx software versions. MikaChip 2.0 programming tool requires MikaChip V2.xxxx software version.
The software keeps closing down when I open it on my computer.
Run the software under administrator mode.
2. Disable antivirus and reinstall software.
3. Check that activation key entered correctly without "space" and "enter" characters.
4. Try to run the software in different operation system (Windows 8).